Friday, June 29, 2012

Inked

The lovely folk at Fake Tattoos sent me a present in the post, I kinda love it. I've always been fascinated by the world of body art; the symbology and stories that are associated with certain designs, their history and heritage. But sometimes it's fun to just take a piece of paper, add water and have a laugh. If my memory serves me correctly Lene Nystrøm from the band Aqua used to where a huge temporary eagle tattoo on her arm. I've previously worn temporary tattoos for Rockabilly themed parties and this bad boy owl gave a fun edge to my festival fashion attire as I headed off to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers.




Linda Johansson, a multi entrepreneur from Sweden, is the force behind Fake Tattoos. In the spring 2010 surfing the web for reports from the fashion runway shows and found the Chanel fashion show's use of temporary tattoos; for the first time they were targeted for adults, not children. In that instance she remembered that she had produced temporary tattoos a couple of years ago for one of her companies and that it has been a success. Today the company is also one of the global leaders in the design of custom temporary tattoos for companies and organizations. All of their temporary tattoos are safe, non-toxic & hypoallergenic and last for days.

1 comment:

  1. They are class! That would be an absolutely gorgeous tattoo...

    ReplyDelete