Monday, January 13, 2014

Ezzie Can Cook- Orange and Pomegranate Cheesecake

As part of my new years resolution,I am going to bake every Friday night, so expect a recipe and a review of it on Monday. All my recipes will be gluten free, but easily transferred to non gluten free if needed.

I am a huge fan of cheesecakes, especially due to the ease of making them the night before and presenting them in a "heres one I made earlier, no big deal" kinda way.

This one I found on BBCGoodFood.com. I edited the recipe slightly, using low fat cream cheese and double cream, which may have slightly affected the consistency of the top, but not the taste.

Orange and Pomegranate Cheesecake




Ingredients:
For base: 
250grams of digestive biscuits. - I used a packet and a half of Gluten free ones. 
100grams of butter
For the top:
600grams of cream cheese- I used low fat
3 tablespoons of milk- I used semi skimmed 
100grams of Icing Sugar
150mls of double cream- I used 48% fat
Zest of 3 oranges
Pomegranates and orange for decorating the top

Method

  • Crush the biscuits and mix with melted butter. Put in tin and let set for 30 minutes
  • Blend cream cheese, milk, zest and icing sugar together. Add the cream and whisk until it has the 'consistency of custard'. Pour on top of the biscuit base and let set for at least 4 hours. I left it overnight.
  • Add pomegranate and oranges to make it look pretty before serving and Voila!
What I loved about this, was it finally allowed me to get the base perfect. Having used only one packet in the past, it was always way too thin. 
It was a bit messy, but I served it to friends who really didn't mind as it was so tasty!

note, this lovely image came from the bbcgoodfood website. My cheesecake didn't last long enough to get a photo!

Ezzie x





No comments:

Post a Comment