For the base;
250g Oreo cookies
50g unsalted butter, melted
For the topping;
500g cream cheese
1 tbsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs, separated
100g golden caster sugar
200g sour cream 200g Oreo cookies
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas Mark 3.
- Put your Oreo cookies into a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Mix with the melted butter, then press firmly into a 20cm springform cake tin. Bake for 15minutes, then leave to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, vanilla extract, egg yolks and sugar, add the sour cream and beat again. Crumble the remaining Oreos and stir.
- Whisk the egg whites into soft peaks, then fold them carefully into the cheese mixtures, making sure you don't knock out the air. Pour over the cooled base, then bake for 1hour 15mins. Don't open the oven door, not even for a peek!
- Once the cooking time is up and the cake is golden brown, turn off the oven. Open the oven door and leave the cake to sit for a further hour, without picking at it!